Friday, November 4, 2011

Idioms are NOT for Idiots :)

You are almost late to class and the teacher says you made it by the skin of your teeth, it means you made it just in time. She is NOT saying anything about your teeth (from 2009 Hidden Curriculum One-A-Day Calendar).

We had to work on idioms for quite a while in elementary school. Finally made a game of trying to act them out and also to see if we could "fool Mom". There are several fun illustrated books for kids with idioms too. Here are a few to get you started!

Get a grip
It's not the end of the world
Don't get bent out of shape
It's a piece of cake
Bite off more than you can chew
Knocked the wind out of me
Nothing to sneeze at
So hungry I could eat a horse
It's Greek to me
I'm just beside myself

So get busy, start sprinkling your day with idioms and have a ball! What other ones can you think of?

No comments:

Post a Comment